Jere Lull Jere Lull is offline

Default Aggies Lost at Sea?

On 2008-06-08 07:20:37 -0400, "Roger Long" said:

There are a lot of problems with interenal encapsulated ballast keels but I
sure appreciate not worrying about 38 year old keel bolts when I'm out in
the dark.

Funny, but I worry more about fiberglass keels than our cast iron one
with 35 year-old bolts. I *can* pull the bolts and see their condition,
replace them when necessary.

The guy next to me this spring has a fiberglass keel. It's still
draining as he tries to figure out where the water came in. If it's
below the waterline, he could sink.

I had a bunch of rust to bang off, the worst it's been for 16 springs.
I should have filled the resulting voids but chose to spot-treat with
POR-15 and consider getting it sandblasted next fall. Those minor pocks
don't disturb our ability to float.

--
Jere Lull