Chuck Tribolet

Default Boston Whaler Montauk

The problem is that the Montauk has a realatively shallow V and
there just isn't a lot of space under the deck for a gas tank,
and the cable tunnel consumes most of what there is.
I used to think like you did, until started looking mine carefully
and realized there just wasn't a place.

--
Chuck Tribolet

http://www.almaden.ibm.com/cs/people/triblet

Silicon Valley: STILL the best day job in the world.

"Bill Kiene" wrote in message m...
Sven,

I guess they still have the two plastic gas tanks under the seat? A built in
tank seems like it would be a better idea and more common on most boats of
it's class.

The 4 stroke Mercury, Honda and Yamaha 90hp all weigh about 380# and will
run quite a while in 13 gallon of fuel. Most boats that size have 20 to 35
gallon built in tanks.

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA
www.kiene.com

"Sven" wrote in message
et...

Was looking at the2004 17ft Montauk. Impressed with the boat itsself but

was
a little leary about the external fule tanks(2- 6.5 gal tanks). I was
wondering how far 13 gallons of fule will get you with a 90hp Merc? Anyone
have thoughts or input on this?

Thanks