Miljenko

Default Looking for free boat plans...

Meindert Sprang wrote in message
"Miljenko" wrote in message
Thanks to God, out there is still enought people who will help me to

build
this boat with tehnical help and their experience. You are not this kind

of
man so "Good Bye".
Miljenko.

This is not a matter of not wanting to help someone. This is about decent
plans and the price you pay for it. If you want to build a 8 ft or 2 meter
dinghy, there are quite a few free plans out there on the net. And such a
desing would alse make a free plan viable. you can build a plywood dinghy
for a few tens of bucks worth of plywood. However, building a 9 meter

boats
is quite different. First, I think you don't find any free plans for that,
and second, like I said before, the price of a decent set of plans is

small
compared to the price you end up paying for the materials of the entire
boat. I mean, you can find a decent plan for a 9 meter motorboat for $150
(Woodenboat plan 53, a 32' power cruiser from Eldredge-McInnis). That

might
be just 1% of the total cost of building the boat.

Meindert

That is true, price for plans is not too high but I do not need complete
plans for external and internal works and dimensions of all parts, just hull
form, which is better than many free "boxes" sold as boat. I alredy have
some good forms and get some by my self by measuring few Croatian
traditional boat (very good boats) but I want see and study how to improve
this forms.
Thanks anyway.
Miljenko.