Glenn Ashmore

Default Glassing the hull of a wooden runabout

Like Rufus said. Glass sheathing is just a way to extend the life of an
otherwise unsalvageable wood hull. It is probably the fastest way to
destroy a decent hull short of actually demolishing it.

WCD wrote:
I'm considering buying a 19' 50's era custom-built wood runabout. I'm
also considering putting fiberglass onto the hull to get it into the
water sooner and to keep the maintenance down.

Any suggestions? The boat has been out of the water for a few years, so
the wood is pretty dry. The hull is in pretty good shape, so I'm not
covering up a pack of problems. I'm thinking of doing the work myself;
it looks like something I could handle and I have the space in my shop.

Thanks for any advice.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com