Brian Whatcott Brian Whatcott is offline

Default Beneteau Makes Racing Boats?

On Fri, 6 Jun 2008 21:33:16 +0100, "Dennis Pogson"
wrote:

... On UK television tonight we had a film of the
rescue services (lifeboat) going out to a £500,000 motor yacht, allegedly
the first in this country to be driven by biofuels.

Dennis.

The UK is a small country, no doubt. Nowhere more than 150 miles from
the sea possibly. But I was struck again, visiting Walsall and
Birmingham in the Midlands last week i.e as far as it gets from the
ocean, how the Lifeboat service is never far from their consciousness.

I saw collecting boxes in the pubs and a poster on some public
building. Then there were the radio marine gale forecasts - for
Malin, Hebrides, Bailey, Thames, Cromarty, Forth, Dogger Bank
Biscay, Dover, Lundy, The names allbecome familiar from long
repetition.

Brian W