Backyard Renegade

Default Glassing the hull of a wooden runabout

WCD wrote in message ...
I'm considering buying a 19' 50's era custom-built wood runabout. I'm
also considering putting fiberglass onto the hull to get it into the
water sooner and to keep the maintenance down.

Any suggestions? The boat has been out of the water for a few years, so
the wood is pretty dry. The hull is in pretty good shape, so I'm not
covering up a pack of problems. I'm thinking of doing the work myself;
it looks like something I could handle and I have the space in my shop.

Thanks for any advice.

In short, if the hull is ok as you say, paint it and launch it. If you
put glass on this type of boat you will have much more trouble, and
much sooner. Scotty