Geoff Schultz Geoff Schultz is offline

Default Google Ocean Charts in the palm of your hand....

"claus" wrote in
:

Thanks very much for taking the time to explain the setup, Larry.

Unfortunately, Bill Gates ONE USER limitation kills it as you surmised
in your opening para. In my case, the laptop at the Nav station has to
run the Coastal Explorer software because it also transmits waypoint
info to the Raymarine autopilot.

What I was hoping for was simply to watch the same screen on the Nokia
tablet at the helm... is there any way to just use the Nokia as a
second display screen - "feeding" it from the VGA output on the
laptop?

You can always run a virtual PC to solve this problem. Remember, PC stands
for Personal Computer, and the operating system was designed along that
path. Virtualization allows you to, in essence, run multiple copies of
Windows on a single piece of hardware. Search for "pc virtualization" to
see the multiple options that you have.

-- Geoff
www.GeoffSchultz.org