Larry Larry is offline

Default Time Warner drops usenet newsgroups!

By the way, Roger and every other Time Warner customer on this newsgroup,
Time Warner will stop providing usenet service very soon.

Bye Bye.....I'm very sorry you're being screwed this way.

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/T...Stop-Offering-
Newsgroup-Access-95030

I guess you'll have to use Google Groups or buy usenet service if you
download binaries from www.usenetserver.com

It's all about preventing users from actually using bandwidth they paid
for. I predict all "broadband internet" service in 5 years will be just
exactly what "broadband internet" on a Sellphone has become....webpages
loaded with spam and email ONLY. It will mean the end of the internet's
open system in the name of increased profits for less and less service.
Only Alltel allows unlimited internet over sellphones, now. They're being
bought by the PHONE HOBBLING KING, Verizon Wireless, very soon. Verizon
tried to limit it to web pages and email ONLY, but churning happened so now
they limit their sellphone internet to 5GB/month and charge like hell if
you go over.