Ed Edelenbos

Default OT apologies

steveb wrote:
Ed Edelenbos lifted the trapdoor, peered around and
wrote:

Has anyone checked the charter for this group? Anyone have a pointer?

Good etiquette doesn't require a FAQ. The point about articles for sale in
a discussion group, is pretty clear. Regular contributors who occasionally
offer things for sale, or advise in response to a question, or include a
small link in a sig. file .... these are all well established and accepted
practises.

However, appearing once, or just occasionally to post an ad. isn't.

Just because you CAN do something, doesn't make it either a good idea, or
an allowable practise, and criticising ppl who simply point this out
(politely) is ridiculous.

You will prolly find pointers for sale on eBay!

steveb

I hear you but unless I'm seriously mistaken, the post that started this
whole squawk was from a name I've seen before... someone who has talked
about boat building. Almost every group I've ever seen has (in the faq)
a policy that for sale ads should be labeled FS: YadaYada in the header
and should be an individual who has something forsale and commercial ads
are not permitted. I think the screwdriver this guy was selling fits
that description.

Whatever. You want to get all "etiquitte" ****y about it, that's up to
you. It didn't bother me. Apparently, since only one or two people got
bothered by it, it isn't as big a problem as it has been made out to be.

Ed
--
The SPAM got to me... change spam to speak in the return address.