Larry Larry is offline

Default Google Ocean Charts in the palm of your hand....

"Roger Long" wrote in
:

Very, very cool. I'm a bit skeptical though about using it for actual
navigation. It's running and updating so slowly on my Time Warner
broadband cable connection that I could easily get from the middle of
Portland Harbor to the rocks in the time it's taken to do a zoom.

--
Roger Long

You have something bad wrong, Roger. The webpage updates fully from
scratch here in about 5 seconds, plenty of time to avoid the rocks.

The aeronautical charts update over my EVDO cellphone circuit in about 2
seconds in Maemo Mapper without all the webpage code. They aren't near as
complex as the satellite photo tiles which are much, much finer in detail
than charts are.