[email protected] erps@verizon.net is offline

Default Chartplotter Display Orientation

I use both N-up and Heading-up. Heading up when the plotter is tuned
in tight for close range while navigating tricky passages. N-up when
zoomed out for a lay of the land. Both have their advantages for
me.

On a previous boat, we had an aft facing nav station. I found that my
brain took a little longer to process the picture on an aft facing
radar screen that a forward facing radar screen and my wife never was
able to make that transition. Having had that experience, I would
avoid an aft facing radar display installation on an future boats.