Gordon Gordon is offline

Default Come to Maine to sail (long)

Bob wrote:
On Jun 3, 6:03 am, "Ansley W. Sawyer" wrote:
Many people think that sailing on the coast of Maine is challenging.

Ansley Sawyer
SV Pacem

Yes, you are truly blessed. I only wish that the PNW had as many
gifts. But alas while we share the fog, strings of Dungeness crab
pots, 6-12’ tides, we lack all those wonderful inlets, harbors, sounds
and bays. It must be reassuring knowing there are so many potential
places to dive into when the weather get snotty. Between the top of WA
to the bottom of OR we only have about 6 improved bars to enter. There
are a few others but all are too hairy what with the shallow sanded in
channels when the weather gets over small craft warnings. Sounds like
a fun place.

I would also advise not bragging so much about your sailing grounds.
Before you know it the likes of those more southern recreational yacht
operators will attempt traveling in your area. Humm, now that might be
interesting to see

bob

Strange reply. San Juan's, Gulf islands and inside passage are
generally considered, along with the south pacific, to be some of the
finest cruising in the world.
Gordon