Silver K Silver K is offline

Default Come to Maine to sail (long)

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
"Ansley W. Sawyer" wrote in message

I want to assure you of the friendly and benign nature of the coast of
Maine and encourage you to come up and sail with us. In few areas of the
nautical world is the combination of conditions as conducive to
relaxation and carefree cruising as the coast of Maine. Just watch out
for the teacher.

Ansley Sawyer

SV Pacem

Nice post... on my list of places to sail... these days, we're stictly
Left Coast sailors or some place warm in the winter.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

I have sailed the Coast of Maine many times and experienced near 15 knots of
speed being flushed through Western Passage around "The Old Sow" . The
nice thing about Maine is the lobster that you can sometimes buy directly
from the fishing boats and have boiling in sea water before you even set
your hook. By the way, you do need a considerable amount of line to set a
hook in Maine. If you consider that the water will get up to 24' deeper
while anchored. Yuou also have to really consider what you will swing into
at low tide. I have also sailed the Sea of Cortez recently and find all
that sunshine hard to take. Give me fog anyday.

SilverK