Manitoumagic

Default Bayliner 2858 Command bridge (1987)

The only time a flybridge gets uncomfortable
is in heavy seas. Being higher up magnifies the effect of the boat rocking
around.

Agreed, but I believe the boat the original poster mentions has a lower helm as
well (My Silverton does)... in inclement weather, that's where you'll find me,
unless close quarters or other conditions force me topside.

I've aways thought it a travesty that in recent years it's become commonplace
to build larger flybridge boats with no lower station... especially when you
consider the prices paid for these boats today.