[email protected] LoogyPicker@gmail.com is offline

Default odd helm configuration

On Jun 3, 1:46*pm, JimH wrote:
On Jun 3, 1:39 pm, "Jim" wrote:

wrote in message

On Jun 3, 12:20 pm, HK wrote:

Jim wrote:
http://i29.tinypic.com/2nukjfd.jpg

I know your eye will be drawn to the thing screwed to the side of the
boat.
Drag your eyes away from that and concentrate on the helm.
In the photo the wheel is showed laying over almost horizontal. The helm
pedestal seats seem to be positioned too far away from the wheel to
allow
steering while seated unless you steer with your feet. I looked at the
mfr.
website and all the photos show the helmsman standing in front of a
leaning
post, not pedestal seats.
What gives?

What a good-looking boat!

If you knew anything about boats, crap-for-brains, you'd know that:

1. The "thing" is a custom molded fiberglass fuel vent cover, held in
with stainless fasteners, and vented towards the stern. It's almost flat
against the hull. My Parker 2520XL had a similar vent. I've seen similar
vents on dozens of new boats.

2. The destroyer wheel in the photo seems quite a few degrees off
horizontal, so saying it is "almost" horizontal is a bit of a stretch.

3. The helm pedestal seats seem to have "adjusters" underneath them,
one, a lever, to allow the seats to move fore and aft and another, a
knob, that would control seat swivel.

4. I would suspect the manufacturer offers customers the option of
ordering a leaning post or swivel seats.

Thanks for demonstrating that when it comes to boats, you don't know
your ass from a can of shoe polish.

Oh...what do you think of the steel beams holding up the roof of the shed?

Those are pre-engineered bents, the cheapest building you can get, and
you get what you pay for.

Perfect shelter for a cheaply built workboat.

Imagine that Hairbrains swivel seats allow him to position them forward
enough to position his shins up against the back of the console and his
knees straddleing the wheel. Now, if he is sitting in the chair, he would
have to bend forward slightly to reach the bottom of the wheel. This doesn't
seem like it would be a comfortable driving position for anyone but a
hunchback or orangutan.

So that ugly block screwed to the side of the boat is a fuel vent cover. I
doubt there are dozens of boats that they can be found on, Parkers excepted.

We can clearly now see who wants to improve the tone of this NG and
who the troll are.

Imagine that!- Hide quoted text -

Yep, a boating related post, what a shame!