Haakon Dybdahl

Default marine stereos

I guess the answer is yes and no. At least I have seen "marine" CD and
loadspeakers" that are not protected for water, and I have seen some that at
least look sealed. I have seen loadspeakers being seld in two versions, one
has been treated with something so the cone won't absorb water. I do not
think there are any general rules, you have to look at each case. Maybe
there are some certifications, I do not know.

I have permanently removed my outdoor speakers in case of heavy weather or
capsize (I suppose they would have ended up as big holes in the deck).

Haakon

"m Ransley" wrote in message
Are marine CD stereos car stereos in water resistant enclosures or are
the boards and controls sealed.
Are marine stereo speakers high quality car speakers with rubber
surounds and plastic cones, or are they different and how.