Brian D

Default OT apologies

Chris,

This has been researched before. First, this is an unmoderated group and
nobody checks up on us, therefore some people get a little bent now and
then. Second, the FAQ does *NOT* say "no spam". Nothing disallows it (if
someone has since discovered otherwise, let us know publicly.) Third, in
keeping with good netiquette, the great majority of the people here will
allow simple advertisements of things they have to sell, or pointers to web
sites or companies that are related to the building of boats. You have to
use some personal judgment about how much is too much, then round down on
that a bit. If you do that, then just ignore the noise makers and pretend
they don't exist. The rest of us might be interested in an occasional heads
up on a tool, boat part, or source of supplies...

Brian

"Chris" wrote in message
m...
It was been brought to my attention that to post a tool for sale in a
construction-oriented newsgroup is spam.

I am deeply hurt that I may have in any way bothered anyone with my money
woes.

Perhaps, in future, someone will post some sort of FAQ, otherwise shut the
hell up.

To Jim Conlin, that means you, or write a FAQ.

Admittedly, it's off-topic of me to commit the sin of selling my

hand-drill
for $10 on a boatbuilding newsgroup. I am deeply troubled by my wrongs.

hope, someday, the newsgroup community will see it in their hearts to
forgive me this horrid sin.

Mr. Conlin, I will never spam this newsgroup again. I suggest you NEVER
make one single mistake here, either. I will be watching with all the
vigilance you've shown me.

;-)