Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default Booze Locker

"Richard Casady" wrote in message
On Thu, 29 May 2008 13:11:54 -0700, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

"Richard Casady" wrote in message
. ..
On Thu, 29 May 2008 10:58:49 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

It's summer time and I'm looking for good drinks that will cool you
down, and warm things up at the same time. What's the best booze to
keep in the locker and what mixes should I have to provide tasty
refreshments to the crew?

Depends on the size of the locker, but gin with tonic is a good place
to start. Gin mixes well with Squirt sodas, and the traditional rum is
also very good for making tall drinks.

Why screw up perfectly good gin with tonic?

Because it tastes good. Plenty of lime is a must. Pure gin is ok only
if you want to get drunk fast. Tonic glows in UV light, which is
obvious if you are at a titty bar. It can be used as the active
ingredient in a laser, while vermouth has no such redeeming virtues.
Debating is ok, but in reality, everyone should drink what they like.

Gin should not be mixed, except
perhaps in a gimlet if you're desperate to prevent scurvy. A Gin Martini
should be Gin poured into a glass (or whatever) by someone who once held
an
empty bottle of Vermouth. It's ok if it's poured by someone who once
thought
about holding a bottle of Vermouth.

Casady

Fortunately, "because it tastes good" is an opinion and not a fact. Is there
some reason why glowing in the dark is an important feature, so important
that it outweighs taste (double entendre deliberately used)? Why do I need
to use it for a laser? Is this a bit of safety equipment that I can
construct only if I have tonic available?

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com