posted to uk.rec.boats.paddle
Neil Neil is offline

Default Safety kit.

Eiron wrote:
What useful stuff would you put into a waterproof box to take on the river?
The only thing I've actually needed recently was duct tape although a
first-aid kit and kevlar repair kit might be good. I've seen alcohol and
a lighter used to dry a boat so the duct tape will stick.
And what sort of knife isn't going to get me arrested?

--
Well, the alcohol(meths?) doesn't need to be in a waterproof box, just
a decent fuel bottle, but it's really useful stuff to carry anyway.

Neil
(reply here please)