Bruce in alaska Bruce in alaska is offline

Default Best Boat Guns?

In article
,
wrote:

What's the best boat gun to have.
What should I look for in a good boat gun (Pistol & Rifles).

Should you declare you have weapons aboard or just have a good stash
spot for overseas cruising?

Please no Wilbur answers. I'm looking for real knowledge and practical
experience, not wanna-be advice.

Fred

If you have a Customs Locker, built into your vessel, then having a
FireArm aboard isn't a BIG Issue. You should ALWAYS declare a Firearm
aboard, upon entry into a Non-Flagged Country, or you are subject to
their Criminal LAWS regarding illegal Possession of a Firearm in that
country. Some countries are considerably more strict about this issue
than others, but MOST countries have Laws about such things and
International LAW, will provide some protection,IF you have a Customs
Locker. For "Me" a 12 Ga. Stainless Steel Pump Action Shotgun and a
couple of boxes, of 00 Buck, and 1 Oz Slugs , are generally enough for
most Self Protection. Solid Firepower out to about 100 Yards, and you
can always claim that the Shotgun, doubles as your Emergency Flare
Launcher. If you encounter Bad Guys who can get you from out passed
100 Yards, then your just out of luck anyway, and are going to have a
Bad Day.

--
Bruce in alaska
add path after fast to reply