posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.paddle
JimH[_2_] JimH[_2_] is offline

Default No-Wake Laws Enforced Over Holiday Weekend

On May 27, 2:25 pm, (Richard Casady)
wrote:
On Tue, 27 May 2008 08:46:22 -0500, Electroniker
wrote:

Wakes are simply another symptom of the same old problem: People concentrate too much on themselves and have very little concern for others.

There is a sport known as wake boarding: surfing on the wake or
something like that. The have water ballast to make bigger wakes.

Casady

I do not know how closely they are policed in Ohio as I have never
seen a boat speeding in a now wake zone pulled over.

Here is Ohio's law:

Special Rules for Operating on the Ohio River
No Wake Zones
Ohio law states that any watercraft operating within 300 feet of a
marina, gas dock or
launching area must travel at no wake or "idle speed." Boat operators
are responsible for any
damage that their wake may cause. Stay in the main channel of the
river when operating at
greater than idle speed.
No wake or idle speed is also enforced during the period from sunset
to sunrise according to
local time within any water between the Dan Beard bridge and the Brent
Spence bridge on the
Ohio River for any vessel not documented by the U.S. Coast Guard as
commercial.
Most of the creek and backwater areas leading to the Ohio River are
also zoned as no wake.
(Check with your local enforcement agency.)