Don White Don White is offline

Default House Committee Passes Clean Boating Act of 2008

"Edgar" wrote in message

"Dave" wrote in message
On Sat, 24 May 2008 09:16:58 +0200, "Edgar"
said:

It is not the plants and animals that are hurting the environment...

Umm...ever hear of cows?

Yes, I quite like eating them and so do a lot of other people too.
So,if there were less people we would not need so many cows to provide
food.
But there never seemed to be a climate problem arising from buffaloes when
N.America was swarming with them so I find it rather hard to believe that
cows are changing our climate now most of the buffaloes have been shot..
How many human beings put out CO2 equivalent to one cow? How many car
miles does it take to equal the 'greenhouse gases' resulting from one
major volcanic eruption?
I think global warming (assuming that longer term measurements confirm
that it is indeed happening) has provided the politicians with a heaven
sent opportunity to raise a whole lot of new taxes and claim to be doing
it in the interests of the planet.
And soon Al Gore and all his like thinking buddies will fly to somewhere
like (for instance) Bali to talk about it. How many cows would it need to
equal their gas output?
Sorry, but I remain unconvinced. The only thing I am sure about is that
the planet has too many human beings on it already..

Good point. Everyone should be made to wear some type of methane gas filter
device on their ass...and the worse offenders, at both ends.