Jay[_3_] Jay[_3_] is offline

Default The Suzuki DF2.5 HP Has Arrived! (And the cooling system isworking!)

On May 17, 10:45*pm, Jay wrote:
On May 17, 9:04*pm, Vic Smith wrote:
Not knowing anything about OB cooling systems, a couple questions.
1. If the OB has a thermostat, can it be fully closed?
2. With the OB's you are familiar with, can the engine overheat even
when the pee hole has a stream?
I'm thinking Jay's new OB is designed to discharge all cooling water
through the thermostat, and if it's shut, no stream.
Though I know OB owners basically worship that peehole stream as the
Holy Grail of engine heat control, it may not so important with this
small engine. *

Vic, I think you may have the answer to the way the Suzuki 2.5
works and
the other confusion is just the result of a crappily-written manual.
From what I've gathered about this little OB, the water does not begin
to squirt out the "holes" until the motor reached a certain operating
temperature and the thermostat opens and releases the water to be
squirted out of the holes.