C. Sadler

Default inventing a different kind of fresh water engine flush

What you're missing is that I don't think a garden hose will feed a
454 on the inlet side of the water pump while running. Maybe I'm
wrong. Just not sure how to predict that. I can't just use the
manifold flush built in to the engines because these, and the genset
have Vernalift water lift muffler systems, which REQUIRE the engine to
be running in order to lift the water from the cannister. Using the
inlet without the engine running would flood the cylinders, and
running the engine without replacing the seawater pickup is obviously
not going to accomplish anything.

since I have 2 engines, a generator, and an air conditioner pump, why
not develop a system that could flush all of em with the least amount
of fuss?

Maybe I am missing something here, but why not just hook a fresh water
hose in at this point instead of trying to feed it with a tank?
Scotty