Silver K[_2_] Silver K[_2_] is offline

Default Mosquito netting..

There is a screen product designed to fit over outdoor umbrellas on your
patio that works extremely well over you bimini. I have used it to cover my
entire cockpit. A few clothes pins helps to keep it in place. It even has
a zipper to access your stern ladder. It is available at ant store that
sells patio firniture at a cost much less than any product designed for
marine use.

On 2008-05-23 12:56:12 -0400, Molesworth said:

.. I'm considering how to attach mosquito (and no-see-um) netting around
the bimini.

Either overall covering sewn to the material or attach with velcro.

Anyone done this?

Does it last?

Most put screening on the companionway and hatches, retreating indoors at
dusk. That's do-able.

Enclosing the whole cockpit effectively is between "more difficult" and
"nearly impossible", depending on how complex the area.

One thought I'd heard that might be do-able is to modify one of those
outdoor screened "tents" to fit.

--
Jere Lull