Larry

Default fish camp light bulb failure

if you think the problem is vibration you can buy "ruggedized" bulbs at
your
local discount department store.

Yes, they work great. The Americans call them "Rough Service" bulbs.

(¯`·._.· £ãrrÿ ·._.·´¯)

"William R. Watt" wrote in message
if you think the problem is vibration you can buy "ruggedized" bulbs at

your
local discount department store. I bought one for the trouble light I use
when working on the car after a couple of the regular household bulbs went
out. the ruggedized bulbs cost a bit more.

Tom Best ) writes:
I would appreciate some help with a 12 volt question.

I set up a 7 light long string of 12 volt, 40 watt bulbs on a strand
of 12 guage, outdoor lighting, copper wire. The bulbs and bases were
standard Edison screw base types. The lights were connected to a 300
watt DC converter made for outdoor yard lights. In theory, I would
like to take the same string (with lower wattage bulbs) on sailing
trips.

In 4 days, 6 of the seven lights have burned out. One light continues
to burn at normal brightness.

Any ideas or comments on these failures apprecitated.

Thanks
Tom

----
William R Watt National Capital FreeNet Ottawa's free community

network
homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm