Larry Larry is offline

Default AIS again

" wrote in news:d609d066-615f-4f32-
:

I'm considering installing an AIS. I'd really like a transceiver but
haven't been able to find one for less than around $4k with all you
need to install it. Receive only units seem to be around $700 by the
time you add some kind of display an antenna splitter or antenna and
a receiver. Multiplexing single channel receivers are reasonably
priced but I would assume they aren't as robust as two channel units
and I still need a display. In my case running a laptop all the time
is too expensive in terms of amps. I gather that class B transceivers
are coming to the US market "real soon now". So, is anyone in the
group using AIS? How do you like it? Are you using a receive only or
xmit/rec unit? Does anyone know when the B units will be out and
what kind or prices they'll have? What else should I know that I'm
too ignorant to ask? (ABOUT AIS only, please )

Cheers,

-- Tom.

Links I thought were interesting:
http://vespermarine.com/index.shtml