Molesworth Molesworth is offline

Default Mosquito netting..

In article 2008052413410716807-jerelull@maccom,
Jere Lull wrote:

On 2008-05-23 12:56:12 -0400, Molesworth said:

.. I'm considering how to attach mosquito (and no-see-um) netting around
the bimini.

Either overall covering sewn to the material or attach with velcro.

Anyone done this?

Does it last?

Most put screening on the companionway and hatches, retreating indoors
at dusk. That's do-able.

Enclosing the whole cockpit effectively is between "more difficult" and
"nearly impossible", depending on how complex the area.

One thought I'd heard that might be do-able is to modify one of those
outdoor screened "tents" to fit.

Total length and width is around 14 X 14 (to drop to the coaming center
cockpit)

It's no biggie, I could drop it over the bimini, when we anchor, in
seconds.

But I didn't realize that it would prevent breezes :-(

Thanks for everyones input.

--
Molesworth