Tailgunner

Default Anyone want an apprentice for free?

Jacques Mertens wrote:

The guy that is building prototypes for us is moving 500 miles away and we
will need some help.
We don't expect anybody to work for free, we pay a salary,
There are problems however:
- we are on the East coast of Florida (Vero Beach)
- while we use plywood in most of our boats, we are not wooden boat
builders. The accent in our place is on composites.

Besides that, it is a great position for somebody who wants to learn because
we experiment a lot. Last month we tested a new kit assembly system on a 12'
boat, last week and this week we test paint methods and equipment. In
January we will test a new method to build carbon fiber masts. Later we will
build a simple vaccum bagging table and build a 25' CoreCell hull to take
pictures used in our online tutorials.
All very interesting but not true wooden boat building.

--
Jacques
http://www.bateau.com

Jacques,
Nice offer. Hope somebody takes it.

Can you email me? I have a question regarding some of your boat plans.

Nick