Jacques Mertens

Default Anyone want an apprentice for free?

The guy that is building prototypes for us is moving 500 miles away and we
will need some help.
We don't expect anybody to work for free, we pay a salary,
There are problems however:
- we are on the East coast of Florida (Vero Beach)
- while we use plywood in most of our boats, we are not wooden boat
builders. The accent in our place is on composites.

Besides that, it is a great position for somebody who wants to learn because
we experiment a lot. Last month we tested a new kit assembly system on a 12'
boat, last week and this week we test paint methods and equipment. In
January we will test a new method to build carbon fiber masts. Later we will
build a simple vaccum bagging table and build a 25' CoreCell hull to take
pictures used in our online tutorials.
All very interesting but not true wooden boat building.

--
Jacques
http://www.bateau.com

"Zyana ~ Beu Ribe" wrote in message
link.net...
Hi All,

Is there anyone in the Tampa area who would be willing to teach me how to
build wooden boats with them hands-on? Individual or business?

I've wanted to know the principles of building a wooden boat for 2 years,
but just can't get it out of a book. I've got an idea for a boat design
that isn't even seen in the Tampa area.

I just want to learn. I'm not out to learn and then compete with my
teacher.

Anyone want some help for free? You'd have to teach me, though.

Thanks, All,

Sandra