Molesworth Molesworth is offline

Default House Committee Passes Clean Boating Act of 2008

In article ,
Dave wrote:

On Fri, 23 May 2008 15:08:30 -0400, said:

So I take it you don't think the enviros would line up in favor of requiring
permits for all discharges by recreational boaters? And you don't think that
if there were such a requirement the bureaucrats would ask for more people
and money to process the applications?

The both of you need to take a deep breath and go find out what this
issue is actually about.

So far as my exchange with Jon is concerned, the particular case is
irrelevant. We are dealing with the hypothetical posed by Larry, in which
millions of boaters apply for permits to discharge, overwhelming the
permitting agency. My suggestion is that in that hypothetical case the
bureaucrats would scream for more money and people, and the enviros would
support those demands.

I know perfectly well, of course, that it ainagonna happen.

It doesn't take much to overwhelm a govt. dept.. I applied for a new
Permanent Resident card last May '07... and they keep moving the date
backwards - currently the INS are dealing with Feb '07 applications..

--
Molesworth