Lew Hodgett

Default Various 'Foams' as Structural Members

"Steve Lusardi" writes:

Lew,
Lurk here for a couple of years and count the number of threads that
reference just that problem. As long as there is no exposure, the problem
doesn't exist. When there is exposure, the extent of liquid migration is

not
determinable. In the end, total removal and replacement of the foam is the
only certain repair and the cost can be unaffordable for large sections

like
sandwich hulls.

They above does not apply to Airex used in hulls, including mine.

Maybe that is why it is 2X-3X the cost of other foams.

Airex is also why I use the tag line, "The Bullet Proof Boat" in my SIG
file.

--
Lew

Visit: http://home.earthlink.net/~lewhodgett for Pictures