Short Wave Sportfishing[_2_] Short Wave Sportfishing[_2_] is offline

Default Anyone Know Anything About This Unusual Boat? It's Now For Sale.

On Fri, 23 May 2008 06:00:56 -0700 (PDT), bw-fl
wrote:

Last week, I posted a question here about this boat. The boat is now
for sale on the Orlando craigsist. Here's the link:

http://orlando.craigslist.org/boa/689767234.html

I'm still wondering what it might have been used for.

What it's not is military "patrol" boat.

What it looks like is a trapping boat of some sort - gators, fur
trade, maybe even crabbing/crawdads. Based on the images, I'd say it
was largely home built off an airboat hull - the hull is flat and wide
enough and is very similar to prop driven air boat designs. The
givewaway are the splash guards at the stern. I've seen homebuilt
airboat hulls with very similar features to this hull when I lived in
Louisiand in the early '70s.

Another reason I'm thinking trapping boat of some sort are the wide
gunwales which are a good platform for loading and unloading traps.

Frankly, it's worth more as scrap then a boat unless you are really
handy and really want a project that is going to take a while to make
right.