Edgar Edgar is offline

Default The Suzuki DF2.5 HP Has Arrived!

"Gregory Hall" wrote in message

Depends of the brand and model of the motor. I have a 2 HP Seagull that
has a rigid impeller that works by centrifugal force. It can be run dry
without damaging it because it doesn't rub on the housing like the rubber
impellers do. There is no bending, no binding and no reason to turn the
engine once in a while to keep one vane from bending and cracking. The
Seagull is clearly superior to any new Suzuki. It will live in the marine
environment for 20-30 years no problem. The Suzuki might last ten years
with meticulous care.

--
Gregory Hall

You are right about Seagulls. Apart from my little Yamaha I have a Seagull
Century Plus that I got new in 1954 and I will never part with it.
It is really useful to be able to run it up dry on the bench so that you are
sure all is in order before you take it to the boat and it has a large
propeller that will push my 15' 6" wooden dinghy up to hull speed.
It is heavy, noisy and oily but I know it will not stop running for anything
as long as you feed it clean fuel. If it should stop you can fix any likely
problem in the boat with just three simple tools.
"They don't make them like that any more!"