Jay[_3_] Jay[_3_] is offline

Default The Suzuki DF2.5 HP Has Arrived! (Update? From The SuzukiMechanics and Bigwigs)

I've talked to several Suzuki mechanics and to Customer Service at USA
Suzuki Marine and here are "answers" (i.e. "information") I received.

1--The amount of water squirting out of the pilot (pee) hole is
determined by the rpms of the motor; the faster the motor revs, the
bigger the stream.

2--The idle setting on the motor is 1800 rpm (which seemed quite peppy
to me) but is needed to be that fast to keep the impeller pumping
water.

3--At some speeds, there will not be a "stream" of water but only a
"mist" that one can feel by putting one's hand in front of the pilot
"pee" hole.

4--The manual still sucks.

5--There was a recsall issued by Suzuki for certain motors within a
serial number range for a defecvtive cooling system. My motor was not
in that group.

And now for what REALLY ****ED ME OFF! I've owned Suzuki motorcycles
and ATVs and have always like products made in Japan; however, in
looking at the motor plate today I saw the words MADE IN THAILAND.
GRRRRRRRRR...even the outsourcees are not outsourcing.