Richard Casady Richard Casady is offline

Default The Suzuki DF2.5 HP Has Arrived!

On Wed, 21 May 2008 22:16:49 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 22 May 2008 01:11:53 GMT,
(Richard Casady)
wrote:

On Sat, 17 May 2008 07:21:53 -0400,
wrote:

You should plan on replacing the impeller every other season regardless of
anything else, including whether the motor was even used or not. It's not a hard
job, but it's an important bit of maintenance.

10 000 miles in a car, at 50 MPH is the same two hundred hours that is
a lot for most small boats. The family ride reached 170 000 miles with
a set of spark plugs that it didn't need, at 100 000 miles. Then it
developed low compression on one cylinder, and I figured the writing
was on the wall and had them put in a rebuilt motor with a warrenty.

Used up a motor with lots of miles, but the water pump never caused
trouble.

Casady

Are you on drugs? Seriously!

I seriously believe that water pumps shouldn't wear out in only a few
hundred hours. How many hours is 170 000 miles? Yacht engines get used
little on the average. 200 hours per year is one figure I read. The
family auto and everything on it have been trouble free for about
5000 hours Gas oil and tires and that was it. Why are boat pumps ****?

Casady