ddi

Default Spinaker tack loads?

The load is about the same. The major load is when the
shock load comes from a set, or a broach. I have been using standard
padeyes for foreguys and snoutlines.

I have used a bent 1/2 SS rod for a 43 footer with no problems for several
years.
It is bent, then a die run on both ends.

"Glenn Ashmore" wrote in message
I need to fabricate a tack fitting for an asymetrical spinnaker out on
the bow sprit forward of the stemhead. What I need is a design load so
I can choose a pin size and then work the other dimensions back from
that. Does anyone know how to predict the tack load for a cruising
chute? Would it be the same as the halyard load?

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com