BruceM

Default 18 feet boat

Get your old school books out & do a few calculations!!
One thing to remember is that if you find the waterline without any motor on
the boat & then hang the 350lbs on the stern, you will get some lifting of
the bow, so in actual fact the stern will probably go down the equivilent of
550lbs.
Because no-one here knows the shape of your boat, they won't be able to give
you much help.
Basically, if you increase the weight by 350lbs then your boat will displace
that much more weight IN WATER.
Using Aussie galls.
Assuming the water is distilled water, then it weighs 10lbs per gallon.
6.25 gallons per cu ft.
Equals 5.6 cu ft displaced.
Assuming your boat is 15.5ft at water line & average width at same line is
5.5ft.
By my calc if the 350 is placed at dead centre is approx 3/4 inch overall.
Now back to being on the stern??
My guess is bow up by 1 1/2 & stern down by 2 1/4 inches?
Anybody else want to have a guess?
BruceM

"christos" wrote in message
18 feet boat with an outboard motor of 350 pounds at the aft end how much
will submerged in the water
the boat weights 1600 pounds without engine.
christos