Julian

Default paint system for metal boat

"TORMAC53" wrote in message ...
I have a 16 year old metal hull sailboat. The hull is in great shape. However,
the paint system underwater is starting to fail. There are blisters forming
between the fairing compound and the epoxy coating that is on the hull.
I have the time to have the hull sandblasted and painted properly,including
refairing the hull. I would like some of the builders here to tell me how they
finnished off thier hulls. Most yards around here handle fiberglass and don't
know where to start on a steel hull.
Please be specific with what paint system and what coatings you used and how it
did. I would like to get 16 more years out of this job.
Bob Glennon

Try posting on the forums he http://www.metalboatsociety.com
They have a forum specifically for "Paints and Coatings".

- Julian