posted to alt.sailing.asa
Gregory Hall Gregory Hall is offline

Default Sockpuppet Hell

"Dave" wrote in message
On Mon, 19 May 2008 11:00:52 -0700 (PDT), said:

That is why Mr Neal shifted to a puppet to torment poor Jon. He
created an on-line sockpuppet to do his dirty work, work he felt was
to risky to do as himself.

Nah. As I've pointed out, there really are no such risks if he limits
himself to the truth. He's just a natural asshole, and he thinks socks get
him a larger audience for his nonsense. But they're really pretty easy to
spot and killfile.

Consider him the group's court fool.

No, consider him doing that which was forced upon him. Due to continued
harassment of various past NSPs and ISPs having to deal with continued and
numerous bogus abuse complaints from various netKKKops like Jon and his ilk
who take offense at just about every written word, there comes a time when
taking steps to nullify said harassment is called for. Among these might be
NSP's who don't show an IP address and who reply to and ****can all
complaints after the first proven bogus attempt from any individual. (One,
after ascertaining very first bogus complaint, will forward said complaint
to user.) The standard reply goes something like this. "We don't release
any personal information about our customers regardless of your threats. If
you're serious send us a subpoena." In other words, put up or shut up!

Another reason might be using two or three different NSPs in case one
provider decides they're sick and tired of dealing with multiple abuse
complaints whether valid or not and closes the account. (This abuse
complaint flooding is a trick employed in the past by Katysails and Jon Boy
and a couple others.)

Another might be to have several NSP accounts to enable one to exercise
one's brain debating subjects of all sorts in groups abuse complaint
stalkers such as Jon Boy have no way to learn the whereabouts of. One must
adapt to stay one step ahead of any and all petty minds who make censorship
their life's work.

As Wilbur would say, "I hope this helps."

--
Gregory Hall