Edgar Edgar is offline

Default The Suzuki DF2.5 HP Has Arrived! (And the owner's manual SUCKS!)

"Jay" wrote in message
Thsanks to all for a variety of explanations regarding the operation
of my new Suzuki DF2.5 outboard. In summation we know the following:

1--Suzuki calls, what is normally referred to as pee holes and/or tell-
tales, pilot holes.

2--The owner's manual is poorly written and appears to be
contradictory in regards to the operation of the cooling system.

3--We haven't yet found out whether or not Suzuki has some secret,
high-level design wherein their DF2.5 doesn't operate, in regards to
the cooling system, like the other 10 billion outboards in the Milky
Way galaxy.

4--Jay is not taking the new Suzuki out on the lake until
clarification is ascertained on all of items 1-2-3. Research in
solving the apparent contradictions is ongoing, pervasive, focused and
laced with a dose of chagrin.

-Jay

What puzzles me about all this is the statement you quoted (IIRC) from the
instruction book saying that under certain conditions water may not be
coming out of the pilot holes when the engine is running, even if all is
well. I have a Yamaha 2.5 4-stroke and the instruction book clearly says
that water must be coming out of the pilot holes at all times when the
engine is running. This is what I would expect. Every motor I have ever used
worked that way.
I believe this is the main point you should take up with your Suzuki dealer.