Herodotus Herodotus is offline

Default Ping..Peggy Hall

On Sun, 18 May 2008 03:54:05 -0400, "Roger Long"
wrote:

High copper content (which doesn't get alone well with salt), brittle, prone
to cracking. There have been some successful hulls built out of it but it's
at its best for things like dragger decks and ramps where paint won't stay
on or masts where the paint won't develope chips and the slightly higher
strength to weight ratio and stiffness is an advantage. It's pretty much
fallen out of use for marine applications. I have a large sailboat out
there with Corten masts that have held up well since the 80's but I probably
wouldn't use it again.

Thanks Roger.