Gregory Hall Gregory Hall is offline

Default The Suzuki DF2.5 HP Has Arrived! (And the cooling system is working!)

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
news
I've run my 20 horse Honda in a 5 gallon pail when no other choice was
available.

Just curious. Why would you do that? Don't you realize that 4-stroke
outboards store almost indefinitely without needing to be run to keep the
piston from corroding and seizing to the cylinder? It's because the
cylinder and rings and piston are bathed by pure oil and not some diluted
mist like in a two-stroke motor. Also, most of the time a single cylinder
four-stroke engine, due to camshaft configuration, will stop with the piston
at or near TDC with the valves closed. This effectively seals the innards
from corrosion causing moisture.

--
Gregory Hall

--