HEMI - Powered[_2_] HEMI - Powered[_2_] is offline

Default where Clarkston is, meaning of "wiz", and E-mailing

wizofwas added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

Clarkston, think of Pine Knob, I do hope that you know where Pine
Knob is. I can remember going to a game at the Palace and the line
on 75 was real long. I saw that and just bypassed it and took the
back way in. Used to do the same thing with the "bag" (Silverdome)
And I forgot to say that I also lived in Lake Orion just off of
Lapeer Rd. (M24) Never got to Lapeer very much, Oxford is as far
north as I usually got. But Ihave traveled the length of it going
up to the thumb.

OK, now I'm with you, wiz. Pine Knob is a fair piece NORTH of me. Yes,
Lapeer and Lake Orion both lie (lay?) along Lapeer Road, as does the
Palace, but the Silverdome, former home of the Detroit Lions football
team is on Opdyke Boulevard at Featherstone Road, where FREC (Chrysler
Featherstone Road Office Complex where the SRT team and Team Viper are)
and the Chrysler Technology Center and Headquarters Tower Complex both
east of the 'Dome. And, the Walter P. Chrylser Museum is at SE corner
of CTC's 512+ acre grounds.

I've traveled by "Billy B" in Troy more times than I can count.

Me, two, and I spent a very unpleasant to days as an inpatient the
latter part of January this year after I damn near killed myself with
severe malnutrion and Tylenol poisoning, but I'm reasonably healthy
again now (although I have a LOT of work ahead of me to regain my
strength and endurance).

Now, would you at all care to tell me what "wizofwas" means? I'd
take a wild stab at something like "wizard of was something or the
other". That at all close?

That's it, I really got it from a cartoon on a customers site one
time

So, it is "Wizard of Was", whatever "Was" is?

.. They had a cartoon of a wizard waving a wand at a computer
main- frame

Ah, yes, mainframes. Haven't heard that term in awhile!

and the caption was "I don't know, he's from CV." And
beside the wizard was written in "Eddie? Charlie?". I asked the
customer and yes, it was a complement. I was one of the best
at fixing that old equipment. I turned down a job as regional
tech support in Chitown because I didn't want to move there
and I knew that I'd be spending most of my time on the road.
I also turned down a job as national tech support because I
didn't want to take the pay cut. IIRC it would have been about
$10k a year and the cost of living is much greater in Boston
than it is in Detroit.

Sounds like you're a pretty good techie, like my nephew. I can hold my
own on the SW side but don't know much and don't much like HW. However,
after about 1995 or so, I stopped being a PC hobbyist and now just use
them to do useful work. So, I can do OK to keep the thing running but
can't build one or diagnose and fix serious problems. It isn't that I'm
not smart enough, I just ran out of time and interest to stay current,
and had bigger fish to fry.

Also, would you care to go off-line and maybe get to know each
other via E-mail. I'd really like that as you and I can compare
notes like I've just started doing with Kingfisher. I'm also
enjoying the Hell outta talking to Bouler. If yes, do I un-munge
your E-mail addy by just taking out the "nospam"?

Yes, that's how you do it. and if you want to E-mail, go ahead.

OK, thanks for the go ahead. If you want to go first, also please to to
he

1 t h r o w a w a y @ c o m c a s t.n e t. I stopped putting even a
munged addy into my headers or sig some time back for the same reason
you've at least been wise enough to munge your header.

Thanks, Wiz!

--
HP, aka Jerry