Lew Hodgett

Default Halon replacement Gas

"Swept away" writes:
Are we being fleeced in GB. Manufactures are charging 4 times the price

of
Halon gas for replacing all extinguishers with environmental safe gas

FM200
by the 1st January because of EEC regulations.

snip

No, it is an attempt to eliminate halon and reduce the world ozone problem.

SFWIW, halon is about the only thing you can use on an oil platform located
in the Artic.

10 years ago, sold a lot of fire detection equipment for one of these
installations.

Was told by my customer, an oil company, that if they ever had to use the
halon, the fine would be $500,000 and over $1,000,000 within 5 years.

Just curious.

Why bother with a halon system on a 34 ft boat?

--
Lew

Visit: http://home.earthlink.net/~lewhodgett for Pictures