Steve Lusardi Steve Lusardi is offline

Default Ping..Peggy Hall

Wilbur,
Compromises are made everyday by everybody simply because the best is rarely
available all the time. Secondly, monel, copper-nickel-steel, cunifer,
whatever you want to call these alloys are not without their own detriments.
They are 1/2 ton heavier per cubic meter than stainless, they are much more
expensive than SS, they have very poor strength to weight and very low
fatigue resistance. The number one failure mode of parts made with these
alloys is cracking, are you sure you would want a hull made of this stuff?
That would be about as dumb as Cor-ten.
Steve

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in message
ews.com...

"Richard Casady" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 15 May 2008 18:35:26 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

You don't actually expect any woman to understand electrolysis and how it
effects various metals placed side by side in salt water do you?

You say any. I think the female college Chemistry teachers would
figure it out real fast. If you say there is a sex linked learning
disability, I might buy that.

Casady

It's not that women are incapable of learning scientific things but rather
it's that women tend to not be interested in them. Their brains are just
wired differently from a man's brain. And, I have discovered in my long,
eventful and highly educated life, that most women, even if they deal with
technology, have a tendency to be unable or have difficulties applying
what they know to the real world, mostly because such things don't
interest them and/or are incompatible with their innate thought processes.

Peggie's reply that you just have to compromise is typical of a woman's
reply. You NEVER have to compromise if you are a man. You take the time to
learn the facts, how to apply them and then you go with the BEST option.
That is NOT compromise.

Women go with their feelings because that's how they are wired. Men
evolved being the free-rangers, the providers and the moving force of the
family unit. Women evolved staying close to the cave or campsite. Their
world involved raising their offspring and manipulating the small area in
and around the camp. They were less often challenged with new decisions
and were less often called upon to make life and death decisions based on
facts because feelings and intuition don't work when confronted with a
saber-tooth tiger, for example.

That's why I am appalled when so many subscribers here seem to consider
any woman an authority on the purview of men.

I hope this helps.

Wilbur Hubbard