Glenn Ashmore

Default time between 3 layers of glass/epoxy??

If the epoxy has time to "blush", generally more than 24 hours but it
depends on the formulation, temperature and humidity, then you need to
wash it down with warm soapy water first to get off the amine. Amine is
water soluable so it does not take much effort. I use a Scotchbrite
pad. If you just sand without washing you are going to grind the amine
into the surface.

RG wrote:
I may have to lay up three layers of epoxy/glass. I think I remember that
one should not let 24 hours go between layers. If 24 hours goes by ( or
maybe some other relatively short time frame) then 'each layer must be
sanded, due to "waxing"...????

I think I remember that one must basically put one layer over the other an
hour's time, to keep from having to sand each time. Is this correct, or just
a fragment of my old memory??
thanks RichG

--
Glenn Ashmore