Jay[_3_] Jay[_3_] is offline

Default The Suzuki DF2.5 HP Has Arrived!

On May 15, 8:33*am, wrote:
On Wed, 14 May 08, Jay *wrote:
stuck the shaft in
a 5-gallon bucket of water,

For a motor that small, maybe that's deep enough. I dunno. Just be
sure the water level in the bucket is higher than the water pump
impeller. You want the "impeller" under water... I've run into people
who think all they need is to have the prop in the water. Not so. Most
outboard water pumps are not good at sucking water up from a lower
level. Even slightly lower.

Rick

Rick,
I'll check on that but we had the shaft pretty submerged. Tomorrow
I'll measure how far up the shaft the water was and let you know.
Thanks for the heads-up.
-Jay