Rufus

Default Safety glass for boat windows

None that I know of. The hard dodger in my WS32 has auto glass, even on
the curves (rear cab corner windows from an old pickup truck). The PO
installed it in Australia and about '82 and it made it back to the west
coast with no problems to date. Still cleans up beautifully.

Large panels will be weaker, of course, but that's true of any system.

Rufus

Ron Thornton wrote:

Someone recently was asking about what material to replace windows with.
That got me thinking today as I got into my '90 YJ Jeep, that the
windshield would be a good candidate for the center cabin windows in my
Irwin 37. Nice and flat. Its rectangular which I like better than the
stream lined profile that's in there now. I'll have to go to the boat
to measure if it's long enough. I don't think I would mount it the way
it is on the Jeep cause pop out windows are probably not a good feature
on a boat.

The glass out of the back doors of a panel truck is usually flat and
might be a good choice for a windshield.

Any reason why I wouldn't want to use auto glass in a boat?

Ron