dennis meissner[_2_] dennis meissner[_2_] is offline

Default new PC, Asus eee 7"

wrote in message
Finally, a practical travel computer. It is tiny but has a real
keyboard. It came with only 4 GB so I bought the extended 14 GB SD
card. It runs under Linux and starts up like RIGHT NOW. None of that
seemingly hour long wait of Windows bloatware to start up so that you
forget why you even needed the thing. It turns off RIGHT NOW too. I
love it. All of the utilities seem to work well and are easy to use.
All of my excel files run on it as do my windoze documents. Strangely
enough, the tiny screen isnt a problem and neither is the smallish
keyboard. It hardly weighs anything. It was only $349 too.

One of my peers purchased one from Best Buy. I think it was 399 w/ xp home.
I looked at it briefly... boots up very fast. About 1/2 of the 4 gb he had
was used for the OS so left around 2 gb for useable space. Also has
embedded wifi.

He's just going to use it for email and surfing when he's on the road.
Seems like a pretty cool product. small and very light.

Dennis